2015 Adelaide Cathedral Art Prize
The Adelaide Cathedral Art Show is a significant event in the arts calendar in South Australia. It has become a source of delight for those who exhibit, those who come to admire the works and those who come to buy.
This year’s show will be held from Friday 9 October to Sunday 18 October 2015.
The Opening Night function will be held in the Cathedral on Friday 9 October, commencing at 7 pm. Opening Night will be the first opportunity to enjoy the art in the magnificence of the Cathedral, to purchase the artwork, and to vote for the People’s Choice award. The function will include a guest speaker, Adelaide’s own international dance choreographer Leigh Warren, and entertainment by the Dusty Cox Jazz Quintet, featuring Chelsea-Lee Smart.
Tickets are $30, and are available from the Cathedral Office, or from http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-adelaide-cathedral-art-prize-opening-night-tickets-18114016511.
There are eight category prizes:
– Best overall painting ($3,000) – sponsored by Paradise Motors Mazda
– Best artistic interpretation of light ($500) – sponsored by Anglican Funds South Australia
– Best social comment or observation of human nature ($500) – sponsored by Edwards Marshall Chartered Accountants
– Best painting celebrating nature & the human environment ($500) – sponsored by Port Art Supplies
– Best painting by an artist under 25 ($500) – sponsored by Photographyroom
– Best abstract expression ($500) – sponsored by Mahalia Coffee
– People’s Choice ($500) – sponsored by Paradise Motors Mazda
– Hangers’ Prize ($500) – sponsored by Fisher Jeffries Barristers and Solicitors
Money raised from the Art Prize will support the Magdalene Centre to provide school uniform packs for families in financial distress, and the ministry of St Peter’s Cathedral.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of this year’s principal sponsor Paradise Motors Mazda and major sponsors Coopers Brewery, Yalumba Wine, Jock Gilbert and the International College of Hotel Management.
For further information, please email email@example.com, or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/adelaidecathedralartshow